We were humbled this morning by the death of a man who changed the way we live our lives every single day. Steve Jobs, the iconic founder of Apple Computer and the man who revolutionised the film and animation industry after the purchase and re-branding of Pixar, has died today at the age of 56 after battling pancreatic cancer for the past 8 years.
On this, a very special edition of In 5 Minutes, we talk about the life and legacy of Steve Jobs and what this means for the gaming industry – as well as a brief round up of the recent gaming news.
The line up for “Think Different – A Tribute To Steve Jobs” is:
- Epic Games have debuted the Unreal Engine 3 on Flash Player – is this the future of web based and handheld gaming?
- American’s can now preorder Mass Effect 3′s N7 Special Edition, Robo-Dog and all!
- Sony’s hype machine never ceases to amaze – Their viral video that everybody had an opinion about, was a preview… of an advert.
- Duke Nukem Forever has its first batch of DLC on the way – whether it’ll actually make the game worth playing or not remains to be seen.
- One of the most beautiful and successful handheld titles of recent times – Infinity Blade 2 – has a release date for iOS.
- One of the “greatest American innovators” has passed away. Steve Jobs changed the technology and gaming industry forever, and will be sadly missed.